Brenner Recycling is a third-generation company operated by Paul and Leonard Brenner. Our goal is to continue to grow and expand our services while maintaining an unparalleled standard of customer care.
Founded More Than 85 Years Ago
In 1925, Maurice H. Brenner founded Brenner Recycling. Consisting of a small warehouse and the family homestead, this used auto parts yard provided local mechanics and auto repair garages with quality used parts for their cars and trucks at affordable prices.
Over the years, Mr. Brenner began salvaging the scrap metal from the old cars and trucks he accumulated to be sold to steel mills for reprocessing as new steel.
Years of Steady Growth and Expansion
By 1968, Brenner Recycling took an important step toward expansion by installing a 300-ton Richards Iron Shark shear. This allowed the company to cut scrap automatically and improve production. Ten years later, company growth continued with the purchase of a larger, 800-ton shear that could condense and cut an entire automobile in less than five minutes.
By 1997, the company added a 9,000-square-foot warehouse and installed a state-of-the-art Harris horizontal baler for the efficient baling of scrap metals and paper products.
Northeastern PA’s Premier Recycling Facility
Over the past decade, we’ve continued to expand and improve our recycling services and capabilities with upgrades to our fleet of trucks, trailers, cranes and shears.
Currently we have a fleet of four tractors, 20 trailers, three container trucks and more than 150 containers varying in size from 10 to 40 cubic yards. We also installed a new 72-foot long truck scale that is certified by the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania.
At Brenner Recycling, we will accept all types of ferrous and non-ferrous metal as well as cardboard and newspaper. Using our fleet of roll-off and load-lugger container trucks as well as dump, van and flatbed trailers with or without sides, we offer recycling services to companies within 75 miles of Hazleton, PA.